Monday, February 4, 2013

"It's been such a long time..."

Wow, 3.5 years, more or less. Since then Obama has been elected again, and suddenly the Red Sox stink. The world has turned upside down. Black is white and right is left! Cats and dogs, living together!

Running Forward is finished, and now sits in my computer, getting dusty. I get bored with a project, and I move on. Well, eventually I move on.

A few years ago I moved on to Gone. Very quickly I churned out 4 chapters and then ground to a halt, mostly because I had no idea where the story was going or why, and also because the chapters weren't very good. Churning tends to do that.

In 2010 I began writing a synopsis. It got very detailed. Before that ran out of steam in August, I'd written almost 5500 words, which is a good sized chapter in my world. Anna was not 17 instead of 13, and I'd laid out enough detail and plans to wrote maybe a quarter of the book, if I ever got around to it.

I never did.

No comments: