Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Yeah, like I said

Okay. I did it. I said once that I do this every once in a while, and now I have. I've written myself into a dialogue corner, and now I'm stuck. Samantha and Alex are on their first date, and I was having them chit chat on the way to the mall...and I realized they were babbling. Meaning I was babbling. Now I can't figure out what they should be talking about, how to get rid of what I've already done, and how to do it right the next time.

First thing to do, I think, is to get rid of the left turn the conversation just took, no matter how interested I was in it. Then, I think...maybe some freewriting? (Freetalking?) I've done that before, and it seems to work as often as not.

However, the problem might be that I've convinced myself that this conversation I want them to have is important, meaning I can't just wing it; I need to know what they're going to say, and then I need to decide how to say it.

But if it's not important, then it doesn't matter, and I can just free write it.

On the other hand, if it's not important...then maybe it doesn't need to be there at all. Hmm.

Crap.

Um...okay. So there's this princess named Gwynn, and she lives in a land called...

No comments: